Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rolling along... over some bumps.

So, good news! The Fourth of July at the Rancho Santa Fe park was a sell-out and we have discovered a good formula for selling ice cream: hot day + kids = sales. This being said, we still have a few bumps to work through. Notably, we need to figure out the correct dry-ice-to- sammy ratio -- nobody wants her ice cream confection to be equally well-suited to knocking someone out as a mid-sized rock (Though this might be useful in fending off lusty onlookers -- or all those kids.) So, we're working on warming up the internal temperature of the cart a tad.

For your visual pleasure, here are some pics from the Fourth:





and below are some more pics from a markedly less successful trip (in terms of sales) to The Casbah for the Coathangers show where (we like to remind ourselves) we were up against incessant jack-hammering and Monday night.




Thanks to Tim and the Casbah crew for sharing your sidewalk with us!

Creamfully Yourz,
Chelsea and Lulu

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Thats so cool Chelsea. I love the blog, Im sure the ice cream is fantastic, and its such a good idea. San Diego has been needing somehting like this. I wish you and your parnter much succes, fun times, and cream (as in the hip hop term)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very "cool!" Looks like fun!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lulu i love your girls' ice cream cart! :] Can't wait until I get the chance to try some! Maybe we can someday collaborate with my vegan cookies and your ice cream! Holla at me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juan, Farra and Fuzz -- Thanks!

    Alex: I suppose we could always give vegan cookies and sorbet a shot? Why not? I think I will pay you a visit in Hillcrest in the coming week when I am back in San Diego.

    -Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always game for collaborating/experimenting. I'm going exploring in Tennessee from 7/18-7/26 I'll message you when I'm back!

    ReplyDelete